Transcend external harddisk not detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

nafis_1

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017
My transcend external harddisk can't detect in my laptop or other laptop... What is the solution? Can anyone help me? Plss

Solution
Welcome to the community & Happy New Year, @nafis_1!

I'd strongly recommend you try to connect the external HDD using a different USB cable and also try plugging it to another USB port on your laptop. I'd also suggest you go to Device Manager and make sure all your drivers are working properly (the one for the external drive and the USB hub controller drivers).
It would also be really helpful if you share a screenshot (e.g. via imgur) of your Disk Management in Windows. It will help us determine if the external HDD is properly detected there, at least. Do you have any important data on the HDD that is not backed up and have you had any recent Windows updates?

Keep me posted with the troubleshooting & details!
SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
Welcome to the community & Happy New Year, @nafis_1!

I'd strongly recommend you try to connect the external HDD using a different USB cable and also try plugging it to another USB port on your laptop. I'd also suggest you go to Device Manager and make sure all your drivers are working properly (the one for the external drive and the USB hub controller drivers).
It would also be really helpful if you share a screenshot (e.g. via imgur) of your Disk Management in Windows. It will help us determine if the external HDD is properly detected there, at least. Do you have any important data on the HDD that is not backed up and have you had any recent Windows updates?

Keep me posted with the troubleshooting & details!
SuperSoph_WD

Reactions: odsantos
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.