Transfer app data files?

Admin_

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013
Hey, I had an S2 and I transferred all the app files such as level progresses in Flow Free but the S2 is pretty much broken now so can I just copy the files onto my S4 now or what? What's the process, the file types that I have are .ab, .png (thumbnail) and .json so help?

drtweak

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
Most of that is stored in the Data folder on the Root of the file system. Usually can't access any of that unless you have it rooted. I have all of my phones rooted just so that i could use Titanium Backup and then backup and restore my programs to any phone as long as it is rooted.

Admin_

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013

Hey, what's your thoughts on rooting? Shall I root my S4 and what are the chances of bricking? And what are the benefits as I've always thought Android as being a pretty open software so I've never needed to root it whereas I can see the point of jailbreaking an Apple device.
Thanks, Nandish

drtweak

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
Well for me the only real reason i root is to use Titanium backup. It backup up All my apps and data every night to the SD Card, then my SD card in return gets backuped to my server though Titanium Media Sync. This way if i ever lose my phone all my data is in a safe place and i can go ahead and use SeekDroid to wipe my phone so all my data doens't get stolen or misused.

Rooting is up to you. I've been Rooting and flashing roms on phones for about 3 1/2 years now. My first Android phone was the Moto Droid X which was the first 4.3 inch screen phone to come out which is why i got it. No i have the Moto Razr HD MAXX and i still love it but some phones are just faster like the S4 and my GF just got the new Sony Experia Z1s which is really nice and water proof (Took some pics of Koi underwater at a local pond. Was pretty awesome).

If you want to know more or as more about the S4 and rooting though look here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/index.php

Then to the top right where it ask to type in your Phone type S4 and then select the one that applies to you and what carried (yes it makes a difference what carrier is it) and you can ask more about rooting and the if its worth it to you. Also might find better answers to your current question there. XDA is pretty much Android Central for any and all mods for android phones.

Also in some cases like my phone Rooting allows you to unlock the bootloader (Not all phones can be unlocked) that allows you to flash what ever rom you wish on there for any carrier as long as the phone will work on their network. Similar to Jailbreaking the iPhone. Even if you can't unlock the bootloader there are ways to get custom roms on there as well.