Tritton Pro+ Headset set-up issues

klokabell

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
I recently bought Mad Catz' tritton pro+ headset for my pc and xbox. I've been trying to get them properly set up for a little while now and been struggling somewhat. Basically the manual is a 2 page childrens novel with pictures showing you what to plug in and where, and that's it.

I plugged in the digital optic cable, the analog came up as a buzzing sound, and the box thing that came with it and my headphones came up as stereo. I looked into it and my drivers supposedly were the issue, for some reason nvida hd audio had overtaken realtek and so I first needed to get that sorted. My motherboard is an ASRock Z77 extreme 6, I believe the onboard is Realtek ALC898. I updated the realtek drivers, it returned to being in my list of devices. However the headphones still don't allow for 5.1, I can adjust the volume on the inline control but not the levels of the individual speakers. But when I switch to Realtek digital output I can't configure it but it lets me change the levels of the speakers but not the volume on the inline, the situation is flipped. The sound is better but it's still annoying. The decoder box has only one light on, the PLIIx light, the panel with the Tritton logo and the dd symbol doesn't light up at any point.

Basically, what I'm after is for my headphones to be configurable in windows, have 5.1, have the volume and audio control work on the inline at any given moment and maybe someone could point my to an article or video explaining the decoder to me a bit better.

I recently built my first ever pc, thanks to the help of some awesome people on this very website, the speakers are the final piece of the puzzle and it's frustrating me to be this close. Any help you can offer would be marvelous and I would appreciate it greatly.

Edward Swardt

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
Hey there! I'm also having this issue. However, I have noticed when plugged into a console, and the ProLII button is active, it will auto detect the game's audio, and when it is 5.1, the headset will automatically adjust it so all drivers (speakers) are being used. however, I have tried this (a couple of days now) on my PC and it won't function the same way. When I plug it into Analog in my soundcard it is 5.1 though.
So I figured if I try a proper PC game, it'll also detect. Hope this helps you somewhat.