Trojan Posing as Windows 7 Compatibility Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryogenic

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
"This piece of software supposedly allows them to see if their system resources can support the new OS. All they have to do is open the attached .zip file"

The weakest link in internet security is always behind the monitor (Pr0n, dancing bunnies, super duper internet speed enhancer, whatever it might be, if the user want's to see it, he will click "yes")

I wonder how come countries haven't started teaching "basic internet security" in schools by now, it's long overdue.

Snipergod87

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
[citation][nom]Cryogenic[/nom]The weakest link in internet security is always behind the monitor (Pr0n, dancing bunnies, super duper internet speed enhancer, whatever it might be, if the user want's to see it, he will click "yes")I wonder how come countries haven't started teaching "basic internet security" in schools by now, it's long overdue.[/citation]

Thats because it keeps us at IT employed

roxim5

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2009
[citation][nom]Snipergod87[/nom]Thats because it keeps us at IT employed[/citation]

Who do you think creates these viruses? We have to look after ourselves!

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Cryogenic[/nom]The weakest link in internet security is always behind the monitor (Pr0n, dancing bunnies, super duper internet speed enhancer, whatever it might be, if the user want's to see it, he will click "yes")I wonder how come countries haven't started teaching "basic internet security" in schools by now, it's long overdue.[/citation]
Idiots will be idiots, everyone takes driving tests yet they still speed and do stupid things.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Malware writers have the same Windows compatibility concerns as security software developers. Of course some people think they are the same developers but that's a different problem. :D

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
There is actually a good solution to this problem: get Windows 7 hehehe :D

If you already have it, the e-mail won't make any sense to uninformed people who unfortunately weren't taught to look what the real URL is. (appears at the bottom of the screen when you hover the mouse over the link in the e-mail).

Sadly, this does not solve the computer illiteracy problem...

Mottamort

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]You can't fix idiocy.[/citation]
Yeah you can. Take off all warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

(I am aware that this is a quote from somewhere :p)

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I wonder if my mother would open that email.
Then again, it's not my computer and I already spent a lot of time cleaning the crap up.

I've always been a believer that if you download it, install it, believe the ad etc., then you get what you deserve.

I knew pretty much form day 1 to be cautious on the net. Then again, I've always been paranoid.

Mike00

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Hmmmm for you guys being very tech savvy, you don't seem to know the difference between hacker and cracker, you might want to look it up before you use it. You have just described a cracker and not a hacker. Google it.

Status
Not open for further replies.