Trouble connecting my LG tv and philips hts

Jun 5, 2018
When i connect my lg 55uh6150 tv to my philips hts3566d via composite cables i get no sound. I even tried using the HDMI out port on the hts to all the hdmi input ports on my tv and still no sound. Is there a device I can use so that I can get sound coming out of my hts from my tv.

Please help.

P.S. - if there is a device that I need to get can you provide a link to the product.

Gotcha. OK....here's the deal. Composite ports are generally INPUT ports on the TV.....so that's not going to work.

...and your HDMI attempt....you have your outputs and inputs backwards.

I will look at something and get back.

Jun 5, 2018

My hts also only has composite ports so when I connect my hts and my tv im putting inputs into inputs.

Yes you are.

Another thing you could do is come out of the headphone jack on the TV and go to the Phillips....but on many TVs when you plug in the headphone jack....it disables the TV's speakers. I don't think coming out of the optical (the way I discussed above) disables the TV's speakers.

Jun 5, 2018

I don't think the device you provided a link for will work because my hts is 5.1 and it say that it doesn't convert 5.1. I think this device will do it let me know if I'm correct https://www.amazon.com/Optical-Toslink-Coaxial-Digital-Converter/dp/B01DZXWHJA