Trouble installing Windows XP on Sony Vaio Laptop + Bios Password Trouble

zerus174

Estimable
Feb 2, 2015
Hello everyone!

so, i will explain something for the start, i am living in the country called Georgia (Sakartvelo), where nobody can find a Magazine or some sort of Support Center of Sony, because there are no such places for some reason :v

Moving on, i wanted to buy a Laptop of Sony ( i am sticking with Sony sync my childhood starting with PS1 ), and i found many laptops of Sony in my country's other magazines, but they were all too expensive (and also powerful) , so i searched laptops over eBay and found 1 cheaper one for me, it's Sony Vaio model PCG-71C11M , 1 year passed sync i bought it, and i got no proof of having the laptop officially.

and so on, i got a trouble with HDD ( S.M.A.R.T. thing ) and my Laptop isn't really operating well on Windows 7, so i decided to install Windows XP on my laptop, but i can't because i am getting BSOD while trying to run a Setup, it looks like ( not looks like, it is ) that i got my SATA mode on IDE when it has to be AHCI, and i know that i have to access Bios for it, but i can't access Bios ! because it's password protected, i have never checked Bios because i didn't needed it until now. and now i see that my Bios is Password Protected.

i was searching for methods of changing SATA mode with other way or removing a Password from Laptop, i tried Lazesoft Recovery Suite, Hiren's Boot CD 15.2, and a lot more, but none of them helped.

and i can't ask a Support to Sony because i got No Proof about owning the Laptop officially, but that's the problem, i never needed to provide something like this in my country.

i see in the internet that i can send Onetime Protection code to PC Supporters (idk what should i call them) and pay them couple of dollars, but my Wallet hasn't felt a Dollar for months, so i can't do that.

so, any suggestions about what should i do? i did not tried opening a Laptop to reset Bios with removing Battery because i am worried that i will mess it up xD

is there any method to reset a Password on Sony Vaio Laptop? i know that Sony is defending their product perfectly (PS4 , XPERIA Smartphones aren't jailbreakable easily, these 2 are example)

or just a method to install Windows XP without accessing Bios, i will try everything.

Thank you for reading this long text :D i already appreciate you taking your time to help.

Entomber

Estimable
Apr 21, 2014
unfortunately it is against forum policy to help you bypass BIOS passwords as you said, you cannot provide proof of ownership.

You should NOT install Windows XP, as it is no longer supported by Microsoft and by installing an outdated OS you will open yourself up to being hacked quite easily.

zerus174

Estimable
Feb 2, 2015

i need papers of showing that i got the Laptop? or something from the back of laptop, i'm not even old to purchase something by myself w/ internet or elsewhere so, i got no experience about it, i can't have ownership on my info because of being 16 years old for now.

i know that i shouldn't, but what should i do than? i thinked about installing Windows Vista, but Windows Vista is far more worse than any Windows in my opinion, it will eat my AMD E-350 CPU :D

About all you can do is contact the person you purchased the laptop from. Hopefully, that person registered their purchase of the laptop with Sony. It *might* be possible for that person to contact Sony and provide them with a bill of sale to you and have Sony's records changed to indicate you as the new owner. I've run into a similar situation with Dell.

If that happens, then you may be able to contact Sony tech support for resolving this issue. Beyond that, there is nothing that we can do.

-Wolf sends

zerus174

Estimable
Feb 2, 2015
So, i can't install Windows XP without it, right? okay.

i am sure person who sold me his Laptop is long time gone, i will search him. anyway, Thank you everyone for taking your time and answering my questions.

geofelt

Distinguished
XP is so old that it does not natively include sata drivers.
You are best off reinstalling windows 7.
You should have a windows 7 activation code sticker on your laptop, perhaps inside the battery compartment.
If found neither place, run a free app called magical jelly bean keyfinder and copy down your activation code.

You can download a windows 7 ISO that you can use to reinstall.
No papers needed, only your valid activation code that you paid for when you bought the laptop.

And, this might be an opportune time to install on a ssd, a ssd will transform the performance of your laptop.
I have made the conversion on all my laptops, including a sony Vaio.

zerus174

Estimable
Feb 2, 2015

Thanks for answering.
yes, i got the code, but i just don't want to install it anymore, because i am using simple programs such as web browsers, media players and that's it, so not having Win7 would not be problem for me, it's overheating my CPU and eating Tons of RAM.

i was thinking about SSD, but like i said, my wallet hasn't felt a Dollar or Cents for a long time, so i can't get it either.