Trouble with Installing Office 2010 Professional Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky0001

Honorable
Apr 30, 2013
Hi there, I seriously hope that someone here can assist me in my problem.

My sister asked me to assist her with her new laptop, cleaning it up a bit installations and so on.

We are trying to install Office 2010 with no luck. She has an old Dell with Windows 7 (that fell and screen broke) and her new Acer Laptop with Windows 8

We didnt have the original Office 2010 DVD and Box and Product key
Searched for the product key with Belarc Advisor found it and tried on the new Acer laptop by entering it on the Office Trial (I guess 2013) which didnt work.

It kept saying the product key is invalid

Unistalled the trial version of Office on the Acer

Then we uninstalled the Office 10 from the DELL.

She had a previous Office Installation file from the first time she got the DELL so we copied that file to the Acer and tried to install but sill got the invalid product key error message. Also I ran CC Cleaner for the registry before the above mentioned installation.

I dont understand why the product key doesnt want to take on the new laptop if it clearly worked on the Dell a year or so back?

Im not certain on what I am doing wrong here?

I was thinking maybe I should do a transfer of the product key via phone but im in South Africa and the activation screen didnt show a option for it?

Should I try getting a new Installation file?

All or any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sparky0001

Honorable
Apr 30, 2013
Thanks for the speedy reply

What you saying makes sense, seeing that this copy of Office was given to her by her ex husband who owned his own company. However I can say with surety that he didnt have any servers. They did more consulting work on client's sites

I tried to see if I can get somewhere by phoning the microsoft activation center for my country but got transferred to a call centre in India, 1 guy hang up on me when he couldnt spell my name another guy said he will phone me back but never did.

Seems to me you're using the wrong Product Key but even if you found the correct one, it will think it's being installed on to more than one computer which will make it angry and spit its dummy out. It has no way of knowing the original version is beyond use. The only people to help with this one is Microsoft, I'm afraid.

Sparky0001

Honorable
Apr 30, 2013
Thank you very much, after getting the right installation file everything is tip top! Such a stupid mistake should have been the first thing I checked!

Anyway Microsoft can keep the dummy!

Status
Not open for further replies.