Trouble with one brand of projector

kristianlar

Estimable
Jan 8, 2016
I was wondering if anyone out there had any input on this.

I work at the IT department on a school, and we have a lot of projectors hanging around here.
Recently a teacher complained that he was having trouble showing things from his laptop to a projector. I went with him to check and we did get an image, however, it was REALLY dark. The funny thing is is that when the projector is powering up and displays it's logo (3M) everything is bright and seems ok. It's just when the projector recieves the image from his laptop it gets very dark. You might think that it could be something wrong with the bulb, but the problem occurs on every projector we have made by 3M. We tested on some other projector from NEC and it worked just fine. So the problem is between his laptop and 3M projectors.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can fix this?

Solution
This particular type of projector, 3M x35 and x36, seems to not handle anything above 1024x768 res. This particular laptop does not set the right resolution when connecting, so have to manually choose the correct resoultion (1024x768 instead of for example 1280x720).

kristianlar

Estimable
Jan 8, 2016
This particular type of projector, 3M x35 and x36, seems to not handle anything above 1024x768 res. This particular laptop does not set the right resolution when connecting, so have to manually choose the correct resoultion (1024x768 instead of for example 1280x720).

Solution