Troubleshooting Elitebook 8730w not turning on

Simonthekid

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016
Hi guys,
Yesterday, my hp elitebook 8730w didnt want to start up anymore with battery and ac adapter. The lights turned on, but the screen stayed black. I tried to turn him on without battery, and it often did the same thing. I Were able to start it up a few times without battery, but after a while after starting up my pc wouldnt respond anymore

When charging the pc, the light of charging is always off, and when the lights turned on, there is an orange/white light flickering at the battery sign.

I got twice an error after starting it up:
Kmode_exception_not_handled
Irql_not_less_or_equal

I have no idea what to do now, because i cannot get it to start it up anymore, even without a battery. The lights turn on, but its doing nothing more.

Please help, I need you

Solution
You might want to try the following and see if it will start...

1. Unplug the power/charger cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the "Power" button for about 30 seconds.
4. Now plug it in (without replacing the battery yet) and see if it will turn on.
5. If it does, then replace the battery.

Also, the first error you listed usually refers to either a faulty/damaged piece of hardware, or a bad driver. The second one is similar. Both can be related to bad software as well.

In this case you should start the device in "Safe Mode" and see if you can get it to load correctly (after trying the above first). If it loads, then you need to clean the device of anything that is causing the problem. There are a few programs out there...
You might want to try the following and see if it will start...

1. Unplug the power/charger cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the "Power" button for about 30 seconds.
4. Now plug it in (without replacing the battery yet) and see if it will turn on.
5. If it does, then replace the battery.

Also, the first error you listed usually refers to either a faulty/damaged piece of hardware, or a bad driver. The second one is similar. Both can be related to bad software as well.

In this case you should start the device in "Safe Mode" and see if you can get it to load correctly (after trying the above first). If it loads, then you need to clean the device of anything that is causing the problem. There are a few programs out there that can also help you repair the problem.

Solution