Trying to build a 2.1 "system" for my computer and music use.

Hype S

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
Hello everyone, it's time for me to upgrade the speakers I found annoying with boominess at 110 hz and hollowness in general. It's some Creative 2.1 I got for free from a friend moving away.

I am looking for 2.1 setup with a tight bass, but doesn't have to be stupid loud which is what most people my age seems to like in college :/ lol

So I shopped around for a ready-built 2.1 system, that would be as simple as plugging in the AC power adapter and 3.5mm plug on the back of the computer.
People generally seems to love Klipsch and Logitech Z623, and mixed opinions about Harman Kardon soundsticks and Corsair SP2500, aaaand a whole bunch of other stuff here and there.
But considering only 1/10 happy people post online and 20/10 (yes double post :p) of unhappy people post online, I figured I couldn't go wrong with any of those.

BUT (yes big "but') realized DIY is easy and the money I saved by assemblying the PC myself sooooo I decided to give the simple speaker system a try.

Amp : Lepai LP-2020A+(20W max each channel) or TA2020(20W RMS 180 max?! really?) or Dayton DTA-1 15WPC(15W max each channel)
Lepais are $28 on amazon or $23 on amazon respectively
the Dayton is $45 on partsexpress.com

Satelites : Dayton B652 2-way pair
$40 on partsexpress

Sub : Dayton SUB-1000 10" powered sub.
$110 all around the web

Q1 : Do they look like they'll work?
Q1.1 : Any deals or best prices that you know in USA?

Q2 : What other budget components would you recommend over what I plan to purchase? My budget was $100 but now I'm up to $150ish (I should really stop doing this every time I shop for something)

Thanks in advance, forum.

Solution
For the Dayton speakers, usually parts express has the best deal.

One thing to consider on the Dayton 652s, reading around they changed to cheaper drivers so some of those older reviews don't apply.
But for 40.00 for the pair that is cheap. Conflicting reports on that problem might be fixed.

On the sub, I don't know if they changed the driver on that so you might want to check up on that.

For the amps, since they're low power, they're used for low to medium volume. IF you want to to have higher volume, you will need more power like 50 watts.

Anyways, if you decide to get the Daytons, report back and tell us how they sound. A friend got the 652s a little while ago for his son and I heard them. They sounded pretty decent.

Happy...
For the Dayton speakers, usually parts express has the best deal.

One thing to consider on the Dayton 652s, reading around they changed to cheaper drivers so some of those older reviews don't apply.
But for 40.00 for the pair that is cheap. Conflicting reports on that problem might be fixed.

On the sub, I don't know if they changed the driver on that so you might want to check up on that.

For the amps, since they're low power, they're used for low to medium volume. IF you want to to have higher volume, you will need more power like 50 watts.

Anyways, if you decide to get the Daytons, report back and tell us how they sound. A friend got the 652s a little while ago for his son and I heard them. They sounded pretty decent.

Happy listening, the Prisoner...

Solution