Trying to connect a cd player to Visio tv

coolhandluke10

Estimable
Jan 3, 2016
I tried two different connection, analog and digital. Player works but no sound. Changed input to components but no connection. Cable is on HMI one and DVD player is on HMI two and they both work. What am I doing wrong?

Solution
Don't know of any TVs with digital audio inputs but if you use the analog outputs of a CD player into the L/R analog input on a TV it may not work because the TV needs a video signal too. You can try connecting a video source from another device to that input and you should hear the sound from the CD player.
CD or DVD player? I don't know of any CD player that has HDMI outputs. Exactly what connections are you using and from what ports and to what ports on the TV?

If it's a DVD player, and you get an image but no audio, make sure it's not muted or set to use external speakers. Try a different input and cable, test with another TV.

Don't know of any TVs with digital audio inputs but if you use the analog outputs of a CD player into the L/R analog input on a TV it may not work because the TV needs a video signal too. You can try connecting a video source from another device to that input and you should hear the sound from the CD player.

Solution