Trying to connect Logitech X-530 To HDTV For 5.1 surround

Wickamau5

Honorable
Mar 30, 2013
I have recently bought a Set of Logitech x-530 Speakers that are 5.1 and have been trying to connect them to my TV (Lg- 42LD450 ZA) with little Success.

The TV Only has optical out and a headphone port as a means of audio out, and the X-530 have 3, 3.5mm Jacks (green, black and orange L+R, Middle front and rear speakers respectively).

Is there any way to achieve the 5.1 surround or am I stuck with using the Stereo Jack and 2.1 audio?

Thanks

ish416

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
Since you only have the 3 - 3.5mm audio jacks for input, the only way to get true 5.1 would be from a reciever that has those as an output (most are only input).

As for your tv, even if your X-530's accepted optical out, you would still need something to decode the signal which most speaker systems don't have the capability of doing.

The only way I can think of to get anything more than 2.1 would be with a 3.5mm splitter. That would only mirror the front stereo signal to the rear speakers. That is not something I would recommend as I am sure it would sound basically like crap and would not offer any sort of real surround sound.