trying to connect my laptop with my new TV via HDMI but "no signal"

gemma2012

Commendable
May 31, 2016
i have just got a new TV its in my bedroom but i do not have an aerial in my room so until i get an extension i want to connect my laptop to my TV using HDMI cable im wondering if not having the TV plugged into an aerial will stop me from connecting the laptop with the TV with HDMI cable??
as i have plugged it in all 3 of the HDMI plugs in the back of the TV and changed to said channel on the TV but just getting no signal then i pressed the start button + P then some options came up i have tried every one of these options along with changing channels on TV etc and still no luck! so can some one please help?

Hi,

If I understand the problem correctly, you want to connect your laptop into your laptop and see what you're seeing in your laptop into your TV right?
- First, make sure that the TV is set to HDMI input.
- Then on your laptop, press the Windows key + P at the same time and select Duplicate or Extended display then press Enter.
- If it will not work, uninstall/reinstall the graphics card driver first.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to the graphics card.
- Once uninstalled, download and install the latest driver from the manufacturer site.
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- Press the Windows key + P at the same time again then select between Duplicate or Extended display then press Enter.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Laptop Tech Support 0
Shrey30 Laptop Tech Support 0
F Laptop Tech Support 7
WadeCastle Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 2
N Laptop Tech Support 2
Raj Negi Laptop Tech Support 0
K Laptop Tech Support 2
MichaelTT94 Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 4