Trying to connect old Sony surround sound system to new LG Smart TV.

Oct 29, 2018
Hi there. I have an old Sony surround sound system/DVD player. The model is DAV-DZ230. The connections on the back of this amplifier are HDMI (for DVD only) and SCART.

I've just replaced an old LG plasma screen with a new LGUJ63. The old TV had a SCART connection, so connecting the amplifier to it and having surround sound through DTV was simple (just using SCART-SCART).

Although, this newer LGUJ63 doesn't have a SCART input, only HDMI and component.

I've tried using a SCART to composite but I can't get any audio whatsoever. I've tried changing the sound output settings on the LG with no luck. When I connect the component cable to the TV it acknowledges it by showing "AV x3" on the screen.

When I first set the TV up I set it up using cable, not a set top box or satellite.

If I change the Sony amplifier to Tuner FM/AM, then that audio will play through the surround sound no problem.

I'm thinking there is an easy fix here that I'm missing?

Summary

Sony DAV-DZ230

• HDMI (DVD only)
    SCART
LGUJ63

• HDMI
    Component AV (RWRBG)
Thanks folks, hopefully this is clear and detailed enough to get a possible solution.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Audio 0
M Audio 2
D Audio 4
Q Audio 6
C Audio 1
H Audio 2
L Audio 4
J Audio 2
N Audio 2
L Audio 2
L Audio 2
H Audio 1
A Audio 4
3 Audio 1
M Audio 4
G Audio 3
J Audio 1
U Audio 4
M Audio 1
D Audio 1
Similar threads
Question RV surround sound connected to and in dash radio. Surround sound says check wires. I have a 2002 Monaco Windsor that came with a Sony in-dash radio a
Question How can I connect a hifi aux to a surround sound system?
Question Connecting soundbar and audio receiver with surround sound to tv
Question my led tv has no digital audio out, and i want to connect it to hd audio rush 5.1 for better surround sound of my logitech z506 speaker. please help!
When I connect my Humax to my Yamaha surround sound via a HDMI cable I have sound but the picture drops out after 5seconds.
Solved! how to i get my TCL Roku tv TCL Roku TV connection to Vizio surround sound system?
How to connect surround sound to LG 42CS560 with no audio output
How can I connect a avgo 55 inch tv to my surround sound
Connecting Smart TV to Surround Sound
Connect Mxqpro to surround sound
Connecting amp with ni HDMI port, DVD player with HDMI port, DSTV with HDMI port to TV and surround sound
How do I connect Xfinity X1 DVR cable box to old Yamaha RX-V2300 component receiver for 5.1 surround sound? No HDMI port on re
How to connect surround system sound with MXQ Pro 4k box?
How do I make a computer surround sound with a 3.5mm work on a projector with a 3.5mm . I have it connected but no sound
How to connect Philips HTS3540 to PC
Top box (cable) connects to HDTV via HDMI-2, ROKU2 connects to TV via HDMI-3, TV connects via HDMI-1 ARC to 5.1 Surround Sound
How can I connect my honey bear film box to my Panasonic surround sound system??
Connecting android tv box to old home theatre system for surround sound
Can i connect Laptop HDMI (ARC) to DVD HDMI Out (ARC) for surround sound?
New Epson Projector trying to connect surround sound to older home stereo system that doesnt have hdmi port

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS