Trying to get full surround!

CCockrell

Estimable
Mar 16, 2015
For some reason I am not getting all the sound to my speakers. I used to have my Yamaha receiver (7.1) set to 7 Channel Enhancer, which isn't true surround sound I came to find out.

I went through all the steps like i have read as far as setting each speaker according to distance and decibel level to be even as to where I sit in my den.

Here is where I am having my issue though, yesterday I noticed while watching basketball that I couldn't hear the ball when being dribbled in the setting (Standard) that I had calibrated. When i switched the setting back to 7 Channel Enhancer I could hear the dribbling just fine.

Does anyone here have any idea as to why some sound isn't coming through my speakers when set to the full surround sound settings?

in addition to above: if you want to test out the 7.1 capabilities of your speakers (assuming you have a 7.1 system) i'd use a movie recorded in 7.1 dolby to test and not a basketball game. the basketball game might be recorded in stereo for all we know.

CCockrell

Estimable
Mar 16, 2015

Ya i feel like i have watched other basketball games where i could hear it just fine. Maybe it is just the channel and should switch it between Standard setting and 7 channel enhancer for specific situations just as this

CCockrell

Estimable
Mar 16, 2015

Ya I do have 7.1-Bose Center Channel, Bose 301 for fronts, Bose 201 for sides, and Bose 161 for rears and a yamaha sub(nothing special). But It must be what both of yall have said, probably more to do with the recording of the game. It's funny because i was watching season 1 of Vikings on Blu Ray, and it sounded fantastic, then continued watching season two on Hulu through my XB1, and noticed it didnt sound as good. I guess Blu rays really are preferable surround sound