Trying to reset Lenovo T440s Windows 8.1 but it come up with "Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing"

G

Trying to reset Lenovo T440s Windows 8.1 but it come up with "Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing" Help please.

Solution
It came with windows 8 and it updates itself to windows 8.1. I read some info on why when you shut down a program called Task Host keeps on running in the background. Because it was the latest windows update and the sync between One Drive. I can't even go into control panel. When I do it freezes.
Go to Lenovo support site and update your laptop drivers and software. If that still doesn't work, might need to purchase a recovery disk from Lenovo for your laptop.

rgd1101

Don't
I'm not sure, I hope I didn't isn't a partition a hard drive or external drive or memory split to different drives? I think I only have 1 parrition which is C drive.

I'm having this problem where a Task Host shows up when I try to shut down the computer. It happened when windows had updated the computer. I tried scanning the computer to see if it was a virus or spyware but I got nothing. So my last option was to backup the drive and restore the computer to factory settings. But its not working.

Did it come with windows 8.1 or did you upgrade it?

rgd1101

Don't
It came with windows 8 and it updates itself to windows 8.1. I read some info on why when you shut down a program called Task Host keeps on running in the background. Because it was the latest windows update and the sync between One Drive. I can't even go into control panel. When I do it freezes.
Go to Lenovo support site and update your laptop drivers and software. If that still doesn't work, might need to purchase a recovery disk from Lenovo for your laptop.

Solution