Tune-Up Utilities Virus installed on my computer, help cannot uninstall it!

FreeFourAll

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
When installing a program, I accidentally installed Tune-Up utilities. It has been a while since I installed it. My PC is slower and Tune-Up took over and deleted Google Chrome. I cannot uninstall it using the uninstaller, nor Windows uninstaller, as it does not show up in Windows uninstaller. Is my hard drive fried? If I remove the important info and format my hard drive, will the important info still be infected?

Solution
start/run.......... type msconfig in the box. hit enter. look under start up and services. remove check mark from that program/restart.

look for a program called highjackthis.............. run it. see if that particular program comes up. if so, kill it.

swifty_morgan

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
start/run.......... type msconfig in the box. hit enter. look under start up and services. remove check mark from that program/restart.

look for a program called highjackthis.............. run it. see if that particular program comes up. if so, kill it.

Solution

FreeFourAll

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013

I did that, it shut down Tune-Up. Managed to delete the program folder and recycled it. The Tune Up utilities folder is gone, and completely recycled.

FreeFourAll

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013

Yeah, sneaky underhanded people....

Bozrog McGurk

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
Far be it for me to tell you to buy something but I spent ages trying to rid my laptop of this pest ,going the normal way then endless dead ends hours later and I had the answer all the time with one of my safety Auslogics Boost Speed .
Ive had Norton 360 for years now never looked anywhere else they just lost a customer for this and other reasons , Im not techy minded and found this very simple just my take on it and it worked no problem I had a link to uninstall that didn't do it ,and another tab "force removal" which done the trick ,it worked for me its up to you if you want to buy