Turn on my VIZIO HD TV w/outremote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
download Vizio Smart App on your phone... it's slightly convoluted, but follow directions and it will work. That said, connecting Bluetooth from phone to Vizio you have to go right up to the tv on the bottom right side, while tv is on, open VIZIO SMARTCAST APP, (install this FIRST) on your phone then, turn bluetooth on your phone and let them search and pair. I repeat, u must be standing directly in front of Vizio tv, while on, HAS to be on SMARTCAST setting on TV. Hold phone inches away from bottom right corner of front of your Vizio, (where the bluetooth receiver is) make sure bluetooth on phone is open set to "scan" then in about 15 seconds, it will pair! Then do what u want from there. The Vizio Smartcast App will walk u through...

jojesa

Distinguished

What's your TV model?
Look at the sides or the bottom of the TV...there is a small power button.
Also, you could get a $10 universal remote pretty much anywhere.

Jul 18, 2018
download Vizio Smart App on your phone... it's slightly convoluted, but follow directions and it will work. That said, connecting Bluetooth from phone to Vizio you have to go right up to the tv on the bottom right side, while tv is on, open VIZIO SMARTCAST APP, (install this FIRST) on your phone then, turn bluetooth on your phone and let them search and pair. I repeat, u must be standing directly in front of Vizio tv, while on, HAS to be on SMARTCAST setting on TV. Hold phone inches away from bottom right corner of front of your Vizio, (where the bluetooth receiver is) make sure bluetooth on phone is open set to "scan" then in about 15 seconds, it will pair! Then do what u want from there. The Vizio Smartcast App will walk u through it. I was able to hook up my laptop, Samsung GS7, THROUGH the pre-reinstalled Chromecast app on my Vizio! Now I can see my nonsense dog videos and YouTube, on a 55". from my phone. And listen through my headphones when playing videos from YouTube or whatever else I cast to my tv from my laptop. (FYI: 3.5mm plug in headphones are perfectly doable also!) I hope this helps someone. PS This stuff works with allllll our Vizios Smart TVs. (one of my Vizios is the: E50-E3.) here's vizios number - 844.254.8088 Website: vizio.com/smartcastapp support.vizio.com

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.