Turning a rca rts739bws in to a 7.1

Apr 11, 2018
I have found replacement sub/ surround speakers for the 5.1 system and I am wondering if I bought them if I could connect two subs to the sound bar making it a 7.2 the sub that comes with the sound bar connects wirelessly and that is tech that is new to me I know alternatively I can feed the signal to my sound bar from my receiver and use the reciver to power a wired sub but for this space a second stock rca rts739bws sub would fill the gap and give me what I'm looking for

Additionally if any one knows of a way to solder a wire from the reciver on one and run an input to the second to by pass the receiver in the second sub I would go that route a well I am good with a soldering iron just fell behind in some of the new tech bluetooth in this case lol

Solution
If the soundbar isn't using bluetooth but RF to transmit to the sub then they will both receive the bass content. Easy to try.
You may be able to run an interconnect cable from the input to the transmitter in the soundbar to the output of the receiver in the second subwoofer.
Not sure it's worth the hassle. You will only get 3db more output using two subs. If you position them correctly the bass might be a bit smoother.
You won't get 7.2 in any case. No processing in the soundbar for 7.1 and no 5.1 inputs on it either than would allow you to use an external processor.
Save your money and get an AVR and speakers.

If the soundbar isn't using bluetooth but RF to transmit to the sub then they will both receive the bass content. Easy to try.
You may be able to run an interconnect cable from the input to the transmitter in the soundbar to the output of the receiver in the second subwoofer.
Not sure it's worth the hassle. You will only get 3db more output using two subs. If you position them correctly the bass might be a bit smoother.
You won't get 7.2 in any case. No processing in the soundbar for 7.1 and no 5.1 inputs on it either than would allow you to use an external processor.
Save your money and get an AVR and speakers.

Solution