Solved! Turning on Laptop through external keyboad

Jan 20, 2019
I have my laptop connected to an external monitor. I don't want to have to open my laptop every time I want to turn it on as it is in an awkward position. Is there any way to to turn it on through my keyboard? (I would just make a macro but if I turn off my laptop my keyboard turns off. I've set it to go to sleep mode after 3 hours but it seems to turn off anyway)
(Also I'm using an ASUS UX310 laptop with a Corsair K70 Lux RGB as my keyboard)
Thank You

[Windows 10]

Solution
Found an answer
This only works for sleep mode though.
Go to Control Panel-Hardware and Sound-Power Options-Change Plan Settings (Do this on your active power plan)-Change Advanced Power Settings-Expand hard disk and set turn off after to never (If you want this while unplugged, do it on both, but just plugged in is fine for my situation)-Expand Sleep-Turn Hybrid Sleep off-Change Hibernate After to never. Apply and move on.
Go to Windows (bottom left corner)-Search for Device Manager-Expand keyboards-Find HID compliant keyboard (if there are multiple just do this for all off them that you can)-Right click on it-Open properties-Open Power Management-Allow this device to wake up computer-Repeat for mouse (If...
Buy a keyboard which features a sleep or power on/off key or button. Mine has a sleep key (Fn + F1).

For keyboards without that feature, you can enable a setting in the BIOS for keyboard startup, but such a setting may be absent on a laptop as they usually have a very simple BIOS.

Jan 20, 2019

I think you're right about the BIOS as I can't find anything, however, my F keys are unmarked so I'm not sure if one of them is a sleep key or not. How can I check or change this or would I just need to buy a keyboard as you said.
Thank you

Jan 20, 2019
Found an answer
This only works for sleep mode though.
Go to Control Panel-Hardware and Sound-Power Options-Change Plan Settings (Do this on your active power plan)-Change Advanced Power Settings-Expand hard disk and set turn off after to never (If you want this while unplugged, do it on both, but just plugged in is fine for my situation)-Expand Sleep-Turn Hybrid Sleep off-Change Hibernate After to never. Apply and move on.
Go to Windows (bottom left corner)-Search for Device Manager-Expand keyboards-Find HID compliant keyboard (if there are multiple just do this for all off them that you can)-Right click on it-Open properties-Open Power Management-Allow this device to wake up computer-Repeat for mouse (If you want your mouse to wake it as well)
And that's it! Tell me if I got anything wrong

Solution