Turns off byitself.

ChocoPowder

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013
I have 2 problems.

I started with a bsod of atikmpag.sys
I think i fixed it, but playing around with the sony laptop it turned off by itself.

I tried restoring tk latest windows update but it still turns off. And i check if it was a battery problem but it wasnt. I then opened up the laptop if it needed cleaning but the laptop isnide was clean. So it cant be heating up could it?

Btw, everytime it turns off i can hear a one time click sound.

I want to reset to windows 7 professional but it wont even let me get to safe mode. It will turn off after a while.

Also to add. The start up repair doesnt help fix the problem

Any ideas on how to fix it?

8ap9.jpg
[/URL][/img]

snowctrl

Honorable
Sep 10, 2013
I use Bitdefender, which is one of t best for detecting stuff. U can download it for free for 30days

Also try Malwarebytes for any malware Bitdefender doesn't catch - also free.

Make sure you have these installed and up to date BEFORE u attach t HD from yo laptop, otherwise if virus etc r t issue, there's a fair chance they'll set about destroying t hat PC to

ChocoPowder

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013
I think its heating up problems. What do you guys recomend me to do? I have the original fan it came with installed. I dont know if it needs thermal paste. But the laptop from inside looks clean, even the fan.

It stills turns off by itself when windows doesnt even start up. When it turns off I can hear a click sound.

ChocoPowder

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013
Guys, I replaced the thermal paste, and used compressed air to clean the laptop fan. The problem still persist. It still turns off byitself and with a click sound. Please help mee! Is it the fan problem? The vents heatsink?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Does it run longer (more reliably) on just battery power? Using the battery only, the system will run slower and generate less heat. This is a good way to determine if this is a heat related problem, or something else (bad HDD, defective memory, etc).

ChocoPowder

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013
Whenever I turn on the laptop, 10 seconds on, I can hear the fan going very fast. Its noisy. Well using the battery alone its the same thing. It turns off after a while. I think its a heat related but how come? I changed the thermal paste and I cleaned the heatsink with comrpessed air. I also took out the hard drive and connected it to my desktop. I did a virus scan and result were positive. No virus. Not problems.

ChocoPowder

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013
My fan is connected to 2 heatsink. One to cpu and the other to the amd graphic card. I guess I did. I only changed the thermal compund where I found old thermal compund. It kind of look like this ( Image found in google)