turtlebeach x12's 3.5 mic male / Laptop 2.5 mic female

DMPSTRD

Commendable
Jan 13, 2017
Trying to get my computer to recognize my microphone on the TurtleBeach x12's. Ive searched for hours but cant get this specific issue. So like it states above, my microphone is 3.5 and my laptop is 2.5 so i bought an adapter. There are a total of 3 wires. USB, Headphone 3.5, Mic 2.5. They're all plugged in their respective hole on the computer (with the 2.5 adapter for the mic installed) Whenever i plug anything else in, my computer sends me a notification that something new is added and allows me to use it. Not with the mic. I went into sound management and updated all the drivers, nothing. Tried switch from the Realtek mic to the "stereo mix" (not sure what that was going to accomplish but it was the only other device allowed to be selected under microphones) and no luck. Mic works on xbox.

Solution
Well there are three options here.

1. The adapter is not functioning correctly.
2. The microphone isn't working correctly.
3. There is a problem with the 2.5mm port.

Since you said the microphone works on a different device, it isn't the problem. If that works fine, then you will need to test the adapter, on a different device. Should that work fine as well, that leaves your port.
Well there are three options here.

1. The adapter is not functioning correctly.
2. The microphone isn't working correctly.
3. There is a problem with the 2.5mm port.

Since you said the microphone works on a different device, it isn't the problem. If that works fine, then you will need to test the adapter, on a different device. Should that work fine as well, that leaves your port.

Solution