Tv as monitor for PC games?

Solution
that sounds more like an off brand TV which i wouldn't think would work well as a PC monitor. i have never had much luck using TV's as a monitor i always have to scale the image for it to fit on screen and this has happened to me with both newer and older computers and TV's. also being its a 55" TV you will need a good GPU to avoid performance issues when trying to use a TV that big for playing games or movies in HD

johnnyq1233

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2007
I personally use a Samsung 40" LED 1080 smart tv.
Most tvs will have a "PC" setting which turns off all the junk you don't need. Then you just calibrate it on your pc and boom your playing. I personally love mine and the bonus is I can watch netflix and you tube without turning on my pc...

captaincharisma

Distinguished
that sounds more like an off brand TV which i wouldn't think would work well as a PC monitor. i have never had much luck using TV's as a monitor i always have to scale the image for it to fit on screen and this has happened to me with both newer and older computers and TV's. also being its a 55" TV you will need a good GPU to avoid performance issues when trying to use a TV that big for playing games or movies in HD

Solution