TV breakdown - No limits

HiP0WER

Estimable
Feb 14, 2014
Hey all,

Looking to buy a ~65" TV and have narrowed it down to the following (in no particular order):

• Sony A1E 65"
    Samsung Q9F 75"
    LG C7/G7 65"
Have been reading reviews, watching videos, etc. but haven't been able to decide - assume all are relatively equal in price.

Thank you so much!

Solution
Suggestions:

Go to some stores and physically take a look at the models. See how solidly built they are. What damage has occured in the store - lots of scratches, plastic chipped off, cracks in the plastic even....

Go to the respective manufacturer's websites. Find and read the Installation/Setup Guide, the User Manual/Guide.

May be some fine print "gotcha's"....

Visit the FAQs and Forums. See what end users are saying and asking.

You may find some additional pros and cons for each candidate model. Possibly some complete show stopper even that will eliminate the model from consideration.

Some proprietary limitation(s) that leave you dependent on the manufacturer.

Think ahead. Consider some future proofing: look for ports...
Suggestions:

Go to some stores and physically take a look at the models. See how solidly built they are. What damage has occured in the store - lots of scratches, plastic chipped off, cracks in the plastic even....

Go to the respective manufacturer's websites. Find and read the Installation/Setup Guide, the User Manual/Guide.

May be some fine print "gotcha's"....

Visit the FAQs and Forums. See what end users are saying and asking.

You may find some additional pros and cons for each candidate model. Possibly some complete show stopper even that will eliminate the model from consideration.

Some proprietary limitation(s) that leave you dependent on the manufacturer.

Think ahead. Consider some future proofing: look for ports that you do not need (or require) now. But perhaps a year from now....

Solution

HiP0WER

Estimable
Feb 14, 2014

Really appreciate the feedback, all good suggestions (some that I haven't thought of) !

I've actually narrowed down my search to the Sony Z9D and the Sony A1E (leaning towards the latter).