Tv built in tuner

Double50s

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017
If my tv has a built in tuner that I use with my antenna, do I still need to buy a tuner if I want to use kodi to record ota channels?

kanewolf

Judicious
I would assume you have to purchase a tuner card to be added to computer running kodi.
This article describes this -- https://www.howtogeek.com/247311/how-to-watch-live-tv-on-your-kodi-media-center-with-nextpvr/

Double50s

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017
That's what I'm trying to figure out. What else I will need to buy to get programming to kodi. I have watched how to set up my comp and kodi but not sure how to get kodi to get signal

kanewolf

Judicious
I would assume you have to purchase a tuner card to be added to computer running kodi.
This article describes this -- https://www.howtogeek.com/247311/how-to-watch-live-tv-on-your-kodi-media-center-with-nextpvr/

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Streaming Video & TVs 7
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 9
doubleudee Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 3
J Streaming Video & TVs 3
B Streaming Video & TVs 3
T Streaming Video & TVs 10
S Streaming Video & TVs 3
T Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 2
I Streaming Video & TVs 3
exfileme Streaming Video & TVs 25
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
Similar threads
Question MIRACAST for PC without miracast built in
Looking to build an awesome htpc need help never built a computer
Solved! I've got Samsung tv and Samsung sound surround with DVD built in how do i get sound from fire stick to come out of speakers
Solved! Can't get Samsung TV to connect to HDMI for custom built PC anymore.
I have a TV antenna built in to my house. It was there when I moved in a couple years ago. Plugged in to the same jack I've r
Smart TV with built in Sat Tuner
How do you hook up a Magnavox 50in tv to a ilive sound bar the tv sounds come thru it but when I watch Netflix built into the
my samsung tv is not wireless LAN built in. can i still connect it to the internet
Sony BDP-BX520 1080P 3D Blu-Ray DVD Player Built in WiFi
Built a Media Center/Home Theatre, needs ideas!
i have samsung mu7000 uhd 4k tv which doesnt have built in bluetooth,is ther any tricks to enable BT from service menu?if so t
How to connect internet to tv without built in wifi
Hi, I need some help. I have a newer TV that has a dvd player built into the tv but it's not working so I bought a dvd player
I have a Toshiba TV w/ a built in DVD and vhs player my special features DVD works but it tells me incorrect disc when I put i
Built in house speakers in new house
Newly built computer won't turn on, blue light flashes
Does 2001 Mitsubishi WS 55411 have built in digital tuner?
Toshiba's 13-inch Tablet Has a Built-In TV Tuner
Solved! Best built internal tuner in flat screen HDTV
HDTV built in tuner question

ASK THE COMMUNITY