TV cable-box lack of space

jackowens

Estimable
Nov 23, 2014
Dear Friends,
I have cable TV service via DirectTV and need some detailed help with the hard-drive of their cable-box.
The problem is that I'm running out of space on that internal hard-drive and would like to connect an external hard drive of greater capacity, but I'm not sure of how to do it. The information in that regard on the DirectTV web-site is not very clear.
Can anyone help?

Regards,

John P. Owens

Solution
Dear Wolfshadw,
In reply to your post of 11/23/14, the converter-box gives "DIRECTV Satellite Receiver MODEL HR44-500" as the model number. I can send you a photo of the back-panel showing all the ports/connections if that will help.
Thanks for your interest.
Regards,
John P. Owens, jackowens5328@sbcglobal.net

Here is the 182 pg manual. It doesn't have a Table of Contents, so I didn't see anything that specifically states how to or even if you can add and external storage drive.

At this point, your best bet would be to contact DirecTV directly.

-Wolf sends
Dear Wolfshadw,
In reply to your post of 11/23/14, the converter-box gives "DIRECTV Satellite Receiver MODEL HR44-500" as the model number. I can send you a photo of the back-panel showing all the ports/connections if that will help.
Thanks for your interest.
Regards,
John P. Owens, jackowens5328@sbcglobal.net

Here is the 182 pg manual. It doesn't have a Table of Contents, so I didn't see anything that specifically states how to or even if you can add and external storage drive.

At this point, your best bet would be to contact DirecTV directly.

-Wolf sends

Solution