TV gets colours inverted when screen sharing through HDMI

planzer

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
Hi, just wondering if you could try and help me solve something. Recently, my Playstation has died. So I've had to start watching movies on the screen of my TV, through my laptop.
Just until I can finally get my new PC together.

Sometimes, the colours invert on the TV but not the laptop screen, like so (pic related) when they're linked through a HDMI.
http://tinypic.com/r/qoy9v8/5
Often they go back to being uninverted quickly, but from time to time, it can take awhile.

As far as I'm aware, all of my drivers are up to date, so it probably won't be that.

I'm using a Sony Bravia KDL32EX401 if that makes any difference.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers for any help in advance.

Lethal-Injection

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
That's a pretty ambiguous question, could be a lot of things. I would think it is your HDMI cable and ports. Try cleaning the ports on the tv and laptop using a moistened ear bud with a cleaning product that won't damage it. Also try swapping your HDMI cable with another one. The fact that this happens not on your laptop screen and randomly tells me it there's a large change it has to do with the connection.

planzer

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014

I've tried switching up the HDMI cable with a new one and it still does it. It's just rather strange, it never did this when my Playstation or Xbox were plugged in.

I'm going to get some ear buds tomorrow to try that, but aside from that, I'm clueless.

Thank you for your reply.

Boxer778

Estimable
Apr 7, 2014

I am having the exact same problem, did you find a solution?

Luetchyboy

Estimable
Feb 28, 2014
I have a AMD Radeon 270 that was/is giving me the same problem. The solution I found was to switch the Pixel format from YCbCr to RGB. However this often made the picture too dark but that is easier to deal with than the inverted colours.

bucicivan

Estimable
Nov 22, 2014
Did anyone found the solution. I have the same problem. I think it's some sort of Sony ATI incompatibility. I just switch my tv to hdmi2 and then back to hdmi1 and it is solved temporarely, but it happens completly randomly. It's frustrating. HELP

TRENDING THREADS