Solved! tv input help

Oct 4, 2018
I have panasonic tv(probably 8-10 yrs old.) I do not have the original remote but have a cox cable remote that is paired with it. It works for volume, changing channels and changing input. But it will not work for changing it to the TV input. I'm wanting to watch tv via a new digital antenna I just bought. But I can't get it to go to the TV input option. I see the TV input but it's not colored like all the other ones (hdmi, pc, etc.).

Also, I can't get the buttons on the tv to work.

Solution
On some older TVs tuning below channel 2 would access the inputs. Worth a try.
Without the model number we can't check what controls you have on the TV itself. If it doesn't have an input button then you will need either a replacement original remote or a Logitech Harmony remote. Many "universal remotes" come from a small universe and may not have any or all the commands of the original one. The Harmony remotes are programmed from their online database and has at least as many functions as the original one. You can check on their website if your TV is in their database.
On some older TVs tuning below channel 2 would access the inputs. Worth a try.
Without the model number we can't check what controls you have on the TV itself. If it doesn't have an input button then you will need either a replacement original remote or a Logitech Harmony remote. Many "universal remotes" come from a small universe and may not have any or all the commands of the original one. The Harmony remotes are programmed from their online database and has at least as many functions as the original one. You can check on their website if your TV is in their database.

Solution