TV not visible on Sound Playback devices

ClayK1

Commendable
Jun 20, 2016
Thanks for the reply but I don't see the TV under the playback tab. I just have the regular Toshiba speakers and the digital speaker options. I've looked for the graphics card in my Toshiba Satellite but don't know where to find it, as some suggest I need to update it. The TV is a Sony KDL-32EX500 and it has a PC input.

Solution
If you are using the PC port on the tv, thats VGA and it does not normally carry any audio. It is also an analog signal so you are probably going to need to connect the tv to the laptops headphone jack. Its also why the analog audio inputs is usually right by the vga port on the tv. :)

If the laptop has an HDMI port, you didn't mention its model# so I couldn't look it up, connect using an HDMI cable instead.

popatim

Splendid
If you are using the PC port on the tv, thats VGA and it does not normally carry any audio. It is also an analog signal so you are probably going to need to connect the tv to the laptops headphone jack. Its also why the analog audio inputs is usually right by the vga port on the tv. :)

If the laptop has an HDMI port, you didn't mention its model# so I couldn't look it up, connect using an HDMI cable instead.

Solution