Tv power board question

Shock12

Estimable
Apr 25, 2014
Hello, i have a Sanyo FW43D25F that wont turn on. Through research, ive decided to purchase a new power supply board. my question has to do with the version of replacement part. My tv has DS3 at the start of the serial number. could i order one that is DS4? what is the significance of matching the serial numbers? the components seem to be the same voltage.
thank you

Solution
Serial numbers shouldn't matter. What normally does is part number possibly including revision. If the board has micro-controllers or other form of processor on it, then firmware versions and revisions may also be a concern.

InvalidError

Distinguished
Serial numbers shouldn't matter. What normally does is part number possibly including revision. If the board has micro-controllers or other form of processor on it, then firmware versions and revisions may also be a concern.

Solution

Shock12

Estimable
Apr 25, 2014

Thanks for replying InvalidError. the board does have a different part number, "Ayghmpw" as opposed to my "A5gvhmpw." im not sure if this is because its a pull from a Funai set and mine is a Sanyo. it is listed as compatible with Sanyo. the boards look identical and the components have the same voltage, would it be okay to try it?

InvalidError

Distinguished

Only Sanyo knows for certain.

If all the connector pinouts, voltages, locations, etc. are the same, then chances should be pretty good.