Question Tv vs surround vs firestick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2020
Trying to connect Pioneer Pro Elite RO6U to Marantz SR6008 and Firestick. If we plug firestick in tv we have pic but no sound. If we plug firestick in Marantz we have no pic and no sound. Anyone help advise us? Is there some kind of adapter to help?

T2Jock

Great
Jan 15, 2020
The primary function of a receiver, by definition, is to provide audio output, usually of very high quality. Recently, recievers have been expanded to also handle video distribution but they still provide high quality audio output. I’ve looked at a photo of the back panel of your Pioneer model and it looks to me like it provides everything you need. I think your problem is that you’ve got a box in there that you don’t need - the Marantz.

Jan 24, 2020
The primary function of a receiver, by definition, is to provide audio output, usually of very high quality. Recently, recievers have been expanded to also handle video distribution but they still provide high quality audio output. I’ve looked at a photo of the back panel of your Pioneer model and it looks to me like it provides everything you need. I think your problem is that you’ve got a box in there that you don’t need - the Marantz.

The Marantz provides surround sound, or it did before we tried installing firestick. We can get sound through the tv speakers but not they the Marantz.

T2Jock

Great
Jan 15, 2020
I haven't found spec's for the Pioneer but from what I know of the brand I'd bet that it includes surround too.

I can't imagine the contortions that you went too to wire up two receivers to a TV but as I said before, I'm betting that's your problem. Take the Marantz out of the setup. Pretty sure that will solve your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.