Solved! Tv wont turn on unless it's unplugged and plugged back in

Dec 30, 2019
Hi everyone, I have an insignia tv that works fine intermittently. After an hour of two of the tv being off, it wont turn back on. After unplugging the tv and plugging it back in again - it works.

Solution
Not much to do here, most likely thing is an issue with one of the system boards. If it's worth trying to repair depends on the TV size/cost. Usually it's a waste of time since quite often replacing boards does not fix the issue. Modern cheap TVs are pretty much throw-away items once the warranty is out. Which is why I don't tough high end electronics no matter how much spare cash I have sitting in my pocket LOL. If my TV dies I'd rather a $500 set die than some new $2,000 OLED thing. In fact, 80% of the time I just buy used and don't worry about it at all breaking. The guy that sold me the TV and replaced it with a $2,000 OLED has all the worry now LOL
Not much to do here, most likely thing is an issue with one of the system boards. If it's worth trying to repair depends on the TV size/cost. Usually it's a waste of time since quite often replacing boards does not fix the issue. Modern cheap TVs are pretty much throw-away items once the warranty is out. Which is why I don't tough high end electronics no matter how much spare cash I have sitting in my pocket LOL. If my TV dies I'd rather a $500 set die than some new $2,000 OLED thing. In fact, 80% of the time I just buy used and don't worry about it at all breaking. The guy that sold me the TV and replaced it with a $2,000 OLED has all the worry now LOL

Solution