Two channel or not two channel, that is the question.

dripdoc

Prominent
Mar 6, 2017
I can’t seem to find the answer to a situation that isn’t covered ANYWHERE.
I have a Behringer acoustic ACX450 two channel 45 watt amp.
It’s advertised as, (and states right on the front of it),
“45 watt 2-channel acoustic instrament amplifier.”
Each channel has separate inputs with their own separate volumes, separate eq’s,
and separate effects. It even has a foot switch for the effects with two buttons on it, one for each channel.
My question is, why does it have to go into one speaker,
doesn't that defeat the purpose of two separate channels?
Couldn’t each channel have its own speaker to make the mix sound clearer?
and if so, How would I wire them?

Solution
The amp has got two INPUT channels, one for an instrument and one for a line-level input. So, someone who was doing the pub circuits could have a mic and a guitar, or someone on a keyboard and a guitar. You can get amps that have more than one speaker, but this unit has been designed for portability, and convenience.
In answer to your question about a second speaker, i would not recommend trying this as the amp and speaker have been paired in such a way that they are suited to each other.
If you need a bigger sound i would look into getting a small compact PA system that will have more speakers, and more power, such as this; https://www.djkit.com/studiomaster/studiomaster-walkabout.html?gclid=CJ7ztrKzxNICFQ6eGwodToMCoA
But you may...
The amp has got two INPUT channels, one for an instrument and one for a line-level input. So, someone who was doing the pub circuits could have a mic and a guitar, or someone on a keyboard and a guitar. You can get amps that have more than one speaker, but this unit has been designed for portability, and convenience.
In answer to your question about a second speaker, i would not recommend trying this as the amp and speaker have been paired in such a way that they are suited to each other.
If you need a bigger sound i would look into getting a small compact PA system that will have more speakers, and more power, such as this; https://www.djkit.com/studiomaster/studiomaster-walkabout.html?gclid=CJ7ztrKzxNICFQ6eGwodToMCoA
But you may need a sansamp box or similar to plug direct into the mixer.

Hope this helps!
Kenton

Solution