Two instances of dllhost.exe closing after I enter details in Task Manager.

D

Deleted member 1579859

So I noticed that about two instances of dllhost.exe closing when I enter details in Task Manager, I am monitoring it now and I'm checking if it opens again if I have Task Manager open, but it seems to appear again when I re-open Task Manager. I'm curious about why that is and if it's a threat.

junkeymonkey

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
well dllhost is what calls up dll files form the dll library [ dll =dynamic - link - library ]

now I assume it can be exploited ??

http://www.file.net/process/dllhost.exe.html

tough part is weeding out good from whats bad ??

dllhost also pops open what I open task manager and go away once running in my win -7

''The dllhost.exe *32 Microsoft Windows executable file is labeled as: COM Surrogate. This is a required Windows file and is used to load needed DLL files that are used with Microsoft Windows and Windows programs that run on your computer.''

tough call you need to determine if it just windows doing its job or if its a exploit now that's the trick ..

D

Deleted member 1579859

Yeah, I don't really see any issues though. I was just curious about it. But I don't know how I can check if it's being exploited at all. I'm running Windows 10 by the way.

junkeymonkey

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
follow them steps in that link above I guess ?? if you catch it left click on it to highlight it and then right click it to open file location and view it property's

[ computer - windows -system32 / wow64 - dllhost.exe - property's - details - should show all Microsoft in that info]

should be normal operation when a windows program call it up

D

Deleted member 1579859

Yeah, it looked legit. I also downloaded Security Task Manager and I scanned it with that and it turned out fine. Unless Security Task Manager isn't what it says to be.

junkeymonkey

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
well call it good ?? all you can do is look in to it and draw your own conclusion ..

I don't know about win-10 but like this in my win -7 in property's look at the dates like mine shows 2009 witch is when around 7 was released now if I was to see its or theres a extra file in something in or out side of sys32 or wow64 and a resent date say like 2-17- 2016 then I would be suspect

as far as I know Microsoft don't ''update'' it and should be old or the time of the OS release [don't hold me 100% to that] due to its a core OS application

D

Deleted member 1579859

30. October 2015. Which I believe is around the time I installed Windows 10, can't remember exactly though.

D

Deleted member 1579859

Ooof. Okay. It does have all proper signatures though. And most of my other files in the same directory has that creation date. Could we get another Windows 10 user that has the latest update to verify?

D

Deleted member 1579859

Yeah.