Solved! Two Laptops, Which one?

WindowsTeam_Kevin

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2011
I would agree. For every day use, social networking, and light gaming these are beasts.

What will you be specifically using this laptop for?

Are there any must have specs or options? Maybe then I will be able to assess what exactly what you need.

Kevin
Windows Outreach Team

Sephrone

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011
Well I will be using it for uni, but I want the grunt for my games (WoW, CoD, Crysis, etc) as well and for it to be able to handle applications like Sibelius and Cubase for my music recording/editing.

Edit: As far as I can tell, the first one has a better GPU but a weaker CPU and vice versa for the second one. I want to know whether it is better to sacrifice the small CPU difference or the GPU difference. The 5870 is a fair bit better than the 460M, but the CPU does affect the GPU performance.

Sephrone

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011
I think I'll just go for the MSI GX660R and give the CPU a slight OC.

Was tempted into buying from the US, but after seeing how much it might cost in duty taxes, GST, etc I think I'll just stick to buy here.

Don't spose you guys have any idea how much it usually costs for something like this after it arrives in AUS from the US? (I hear it's something like an extra $600 on top of the total price + Shipping)

Sager Notebooks is another site that will ship down under.

$1799 USD is equal to about 1812 AUD these days. Even with $320 for shipping it could be a good deal for you.
ss025.jpg