Two More Developers Leave Infinity Ward

Status
Not open for further replies.

xenol

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
See Activision? This is what you get for spending the same amount (or more) for publicity as it did to make the game. You realize you couldn't make the cut, then you withhold royalties. And now you're losing developers.

I'm sticking you along with EA and Ubisoft for "publishers to avoid."

UbeRveLT

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
I knew this would snowball from the begining. You leave out features that were predominant in all previous games and then try and make the game the way EA wants, not wat the people paying for it want. I'm pretty pissed off that it had to happen to this franchise, but like all the things in this world, the problem revolved around money...

Montezuma

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
The problem is that people talk a big game on the internet, but they do not back up their talk with their money. These big game corporations will not get the message until the majority of gamers start supporting the studios that have our(the gamer's) interest at heart. Sure, any company is in business to make a profit, but they need to do so while also supporting the people who purchase the product they produce.

Activision has really been irritating me to the point that I have canceled my World of Warcraft account. As I have played World of Warcraft since its initial closed beta(2004), this was not an easy decision for me. I just refuse to continue to support a company that does not put their customers first. Sure, they have to consider their shareholders, but shareholders do not provide them with profits(or any measurable income).

If only a few people practice what they preach, then nothing will ever happen to correct the issues in the gaming/electronics world. Stand up for what you believe in, or do not waste board space with your rantings.

UbeRveLT

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
[citation][nom]rawoysters[/nom]I like to believe this is just karma for what they did to PC gamers.[/citation]

BINGO.

shortbus25

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
All I got to say Is BFBC2 is kicking some @$$ no one I game with is even playing MW2 anymore. Run and gun is done!

ps12

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
[citation][nom]shortbus25[/nom]All I got to say Is BFBC2 is kicking some @$$ no one I game with is even playing MW2 anymore. Run and gun is done![/citation]

Agreed.

wonspur

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
MW2 is the death of the cod series imo, they really ruined the series by going with all these kill streak things and run and gun mechanics. The perks ruin the "FPS" of the game. I'd like to see an FPS come out that can compete with the popularity of CS 1.6

dapneym

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2008
[citation][nom]shortbus25[/nom]All I got to say Is BFBC2 is kicking some @$$ no one I game with is even playing MW2 anymore. Run and gun is done![/citation]

Yeah, I've been having a great time with BFBC2. It was generally well-done, minus some of the crash issues that I know quite a few people (even at times myself included) have been having. Those aside we have a really great time playing.

I didn't buy MW2, and frankly refuse to ever buy it. Go voting with my wallet :)

buckcm

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009

BC2 is really good. I have 54 hours after a little over 3 weeks. It's my first BF game and am quite impressed. However, don't be too quick to forget the noob tubes in BC2.

gregor

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2004
I quite like BC2 but I dont play anything but hardcore mode in BC2. I'm not exactly great at the game but when I shot some guy with about 10 rounds from close range with the saw and he still kills me with the repair tool that is just taking the piss, had to refrain from snapping my keyboard over my knee after that :)
.50 cal from tank mg's having to hit them about a dozen times is also just plain stupid.

Brent_NC

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
[citation][nom]ubervelt[/nom]BINGO.[/citation]

Bingo on the bingo. Turn out a crap product, ignore the community and get fired for your effort. Sounds reasonable to me.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008

Same here. Everybody stopped playing MW2 all together.

BFBC2 isnt perfect (I want BF3 ASAP) but its still a pretty decent modern shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.