Two Speakers into one port on sound card

zyton

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
Greetings! I have two amplified speakers with the large 30mm (or 3 cm) male plugs that I intend to use as front right and left that I need to plug into a sound card that has only one mini front and left combined female port. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks!

RunLuke

Estimable
Dec 8, 2014
Do you mean two or one 6.35 mm (phone / jack) plugs that needs to convert to a 3.5 mm (phone / jack) plug?

Is there a plug for each speaker or just one coming from the amplifying speaker? Or are both units active?

However, each port is stereo, so each plug will be able to transmit to both channels. I'm not really sure what you mean by the front speaker.

But you only need one mini jack to achieve stereo on your particular setup, if its regular type speakers.
What you need is probably something like this:

94384_l.jpg

zyton

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
Thank you for your reply. The photo you posted looks close to what I need but I have two amplified speakers that I intend to use - one for the left front and one for the right front to go into the small female output jack. Like your photo but a Y configuration. Also, would it play stereo and where to buy one.

RunLuke

Estimable
Dec 8, 2014
You could do it by connecting these, but it's an idiotic solution, or too complex, something easier should be possible (if I understand what you want to do correctly). I just don't know what product name to search for.
Yes, the two black bands mean stereo.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stereo-Audio-Y-Splitter-1-Jack-female-to-2-Male-3-5mm-Adapter-Cable-Red-H5-/221809113757

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-5mm-Female-to-3-5mm-Male-Jack-Plug-Audio-Stereo-Adapter-Connector-Converter-UK-/321797285751?hash=item4aec9ce777

boju

Distinguished
The 6.3mm jacks on your speakers, are they stereo or mono? Can get adapters that are mono or stereo so shouldn't matter. Will this work maybe?

Dual 6.3mm stereo for your speaker inputs.
6-3mm-auf-2x3-5mm_720x600.png

Then 6.3mm to 3.5mm adapter
3152wqfk10L._SX300_.jpg

Or straight out dual 6.3mm to 3.5mm adapter

80468_500x500.jpg

zyton

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
I need to connect two amplified speakers, one for the right front and one for the left front that each have a 1/4 inch TRS male plug into a sound card that has only one 3.5mm female port for right and left output. I need the set up to play stereo. The speakers are from a professional Stage Keyboard/MIDI device and have excellent stereo capability when used with the keyboard.

boju

Distinguished

Can you give us a link to your speakers plz?

If the connection is for a 1/4 TRS male plug with two rings then run a lead from each speaker to the dual 1/4 TRS adapter, then from the adapter to an 3.5mm input jack. Or use an all in one adapter that accepts 2 1/4 TRS to an already done 3.5mm jack.

Pretty sure that's it from what I can imagine.

If your speakers use a twin ring 1/4" plug as you say is stereo then RunLuke's suggestion is not what you want as they feed only mono.

Can do mono with those leads as suggested but will need four leads though, don't think you'd want as many leads.

zyton

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
Each 1/4 inch male plug from the speakers has a single black ring. The Y connectors that RunLuke suggested (Thank you very much) look right but I don't think they will provide stereo output. Thanks to you both for your help thus far.

boju

Distinguished
It will provide stereo output, what we both are saying is correct. All you need is a small stereo jack to two large mono jacks to feed each speaker. How you do that with cables and adapters is quite clear with examples above, theres plenty of different variety of cables and adapters to make it easy. Just keep to the diagram concept, 1 mini stereo jack to two large mono jacks.

CMP-153_0008-365e0d528e3779f7fdfbdcf6f0acaec2.jpg

http://kb.esi-audio.com/?goto=KB00117EN

Since knowing your speakers are mono, Runluke's cable is spot on. The sound card will output stereo to mono single channel to each of the two speakers and effectively combining both from unbalanced mono into balanced stereo. Meaning you will hear left and right sounds in music.

boju

Distinguished
You can separate the adhesive sticking the wires together if you want to make the distance on the picture shown above as an example of what's possible. I'm sure there'd be different cable lengths to suit your needs.