U.N. Wants Increased Internet Surveillance

Status
Not open for further replies.

asdflksflkjsdf

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012
Yeah..... if you wanna be cost effective, you better ignore the US. No sense wasting valuable $$$ there; the copyright guys will spend it for you and get 10xs the surveillance in the process.

The only way to get this BS to stop is to vote all these people out. This Orwellian world is the fault of the voter. Politicians wouldn't keep coming up with ways to oversee the populace if it got their asses kicked out of office.

It's understandable when it happens under a government where the people have no power. It is unfathomable why people voluntarily give up their liberty.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
This user wants his own large private network that no governing force is allowed to be connected to, and is heavily monitored by its team of providers to ensure that no governing force attempts to infiltrate it and spy on what activities might be taking hold within.. :)

Kiowa789

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
"Terror video games"
HA, Right, low cost? No it isn't, any game that will envelop a kid in being a terrorist, is non-existent, no terrorist organization has contracted a video game developing company to develop a terrorist game, because the developer will reject it, no matter what, dev's know better not to.
"Cell Phone Tracking"
Yeah, I just want to let people that I don't know to track me wherever I go, that just sounds fantastic, I guess they want to know when I'm pooping too.
"Open Wi-fi networks"
Any tech smart person knows to avoid these, if any government official knows not to, why are they a government official?
"Paying companies for Surveillance"
No company will accept money from a terrorist organization, as no sane company would want to involve themselves with said terrorist organization, but again, the definition of *Terrorist organization* can cover many things, such as people on the internet who are sick of the current government, and decide to revolt there.

Again, just a list of opinions of mine, I personally believe that its best to offer well thought out logic on the issue, instead of spouting nonsense about the U.S. Ignoring it, if the U.S. should ignore it, tell them with rational thought.

G

Wow.... Sounds like WE ARE ALL terrorists... This is nothing more than control of people. This HAS ZERO to do with terrorism the way we think of it. Big Brother wants to know everything about us and our connections not to prevent terrorism but to consolidate it's already UNLAWFUL power!

The government is the one spreading propaganda and this article is a good example.

If you believe in REAL liberty and REAL freedom, watch out, the government WILL consider you a threat and a "terrorist". Liberty is the opposite of government power. Even Thomas Jefferson in a letter dated January 1787 to James Madison stated "I prefer dangerous liberty to peaceful servitude". That i would happen to agree with myself

Makes u wonder who the real terrorists are... (Hint: They are usually found in Government agencies around the world destroying liberty)

G

So sick and tired of the U.N. They are the real terrorist. Just look at Syria. Never would of never gotten this bad if they didn't support Russia and China. .

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I want the U.N. to go fuck themselves. But am I going to get my way?

Seriously, this whole mindset of "The bad guys can do bad things with it, so lets take it away from everyone...for safety and security" mentality needs to stop.

fonzy

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
Voting doesn't help, they keep telling us through the media that things are different but we keep going down the same road regardless who is in there.

The only way things will change is if we bust down the door and toss them all out by their ears.

NoUserBar

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
If the government can track us with electronic devices.... SO CAN TERRORISTS, it's called hacking. Having people put there address on facebook is bad enough (stalkers can now go directly to your home YAY). I am of the opinion that it would be stupid to provide criminals, or corrupt agents withing law enforcement agencies, with ways to access the whereabouts of people at any old time of day.

Example: Lets goo check google and see where to plant that bomb for most devastating effect fufu /example end
Oh wait they can already do that easily..

mcd023

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
A) because terrorists discuss plans over Skype, b) what the heck has the UN done to fight terrorism, c) the same UN that wants to monitor US elections for voter fraud while doing nothing about countries like Zimabawe or Libya...geez

digiex

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
What country has the strongest influence in the UN, and very aggressive in its fight against terrorism?

This country is behind this nonsense.

J3d1M1nD7r1cKs

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
Comment 1 is bullshit (and is a bit suckered in paradigm), and comment 5 is right on.

We need to do something about it. Vote people. Vote! YOU - we - we need to understand our local governments more, our local representatives, and PAY ATTENTION to what is/may be going on to make the big picture.

Friends, this requires research, and passion for your country (The u.s.a.) and it's founding principles.

Please, do your part, and look into everything. I would advise that you.as far as to admonish: Question everything.

Everything must be questioned as to its truth or usefulness. If the people don't do it, (and they don't maintain a commodity backed currency) the country will fail.

Please listen. Every country - EVERY civilization, without exception, throughout history that has left commodity backed currency (aka become fiat currency or to leave some commodity backed notes)- has failed on average at 25 years post leaving a gold standard or metal backing of some sort.

The maximum standard (the longest a country has survived without implode / collapse) in all of history of fiat money is 32 years.

The U.S. is now at 42 years.... We've lasted so long and paperwalled so extremely our way out of ... We've been the first **true reserve** world currency.

At 16.42 Trillion and climbing, it can't last much longer folks. BIG, as in major changes have to take place. The majority of Americans are not able to face these changes, (....) People beleive what they want to believe, nothing changes. Americans have become complacent.

Status
Not open for further replies.