U.S., Israel May Have Created Flame in Collaborative Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I'm just stopping by to point out that the article Mr. Perry uses as a source for this "news" blurb is from 6/19/12. Today is 6/22/12. Tom's generally posts yesterday's news, but this does not even hit that low bar...

theconsolegamer

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
[citation][nom]classzero[/nom]Proof? Anyone can make a guess.[/citation]
Giving the circumstances of what happen to who and what was attacked? Do we need to look anywhere else?

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
I'm sure they have their "proof". Or else they wouldn't make such insane claims.

Do I believe it? Fuck yes I believe it. There is so much "secretive" shit going on with all big countries we wouldn't be able to count them all up. I'm 100% confident that the US made this program to spy, i'm 100% confident the US had part in the assassinations of some of the Nuclear scientists in Iran.

The US, and many other countries do NOT want Iran having these weapons so in the end the federal staff we see all the time "president, etc" will talk and do the sanctions.

While the other staff will set up missions, viruses, etc, to slow down or halt the progress of Irans program without any "connections" back to the US.

This isn't conspiracy, this is just what governments with unlimited money does.

newbcakes

Honorable
May 21, 2012
The article in the WP has absolutely 0 references that officially say it was the US or Israel that developed this. Unless you consider "Western officials with knowledge of the effort" to be a valid reference. I'm no journalist, but I know I got slapped by my English professor when I didn't properly cite what I wrote in my papers.

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
The original article was cited on Drudge. It is entirely plausible. Given that Iran's President has publicly called for the eradication of another sovereign nation (it doesn't matter who it is), preventing them from getting nuclear weapons seems entirely reasonable to me.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]newbcakes[/nom]The article in the WP has absolutely 0 references that officially say it was the US or Israel that developed this. Unless you consider "Western officials with knowledge of the effort" to be a valid reference. I'm no journalist, but I know I got slapped by my English professor when I didn't properly cite what I wrote in my papers.[/citation]
Journalists usually don't reveal their sources for government leaks. Those people would be open to prosecution or at least employment termination. You basically just have to take the journalist's / outlet's integrity into account when deciding whether you believe them.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I'm usually against the US gov't meddling in the affairs of other countries, but in this case I support them. The problem is that if Iran creates a nuke there will probably be military action against them. This would be a lot more messy than the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, especially with potential nukes involved. If the US can stop this from occurring using some espionage, that is a lot better for everyone than the alternative.

G

This is old news. To all you naysayers, the "Olympic Games" project allegedly did exist. David Sanger wrote about it for the NY Times, and he was recently interviewed on NPR's Fresh Air. The goal of the project was to delay Iran's nuclear progression by damaging their centrifuges. The virus would attack from a technician's infected computer when it was connected to a centrifuge.

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
It provided way more information then you think it did. If you read the doc on stuxnet thoroughly there is alot of interesting information in there to figure out who is behind it... China to make USA/Israel look bad and reveal Russian Industrial spies. All the compromised verisign imprints came from 2 chinese hardware companies. Realtek and Jmicron.

If you've ever had an infection of Stuxnet on your LARGE corporate network, I would expect you have a Russian industrial spy in your organization.

1) Iran Stuxnet infects foreign agents helping Iran's nuclear program *Russia*
2) Russian information handlers are infected, thus infecting their industrial spies worldwide
3) Stuxnet reports infected computers to servers, so China has a pretty good idea which organizations the industrial spies are located in

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
the US government has and still creating the words worst problems...then we go and kill everyone...what a shame...we need to stay out of everyone's business

koga73

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008
We need to keep creating viruses that attack their nuclear systems. +1.
According to NYT the leak came straight from the whitehouse. An effort by the Obama administrator to get some election year votes. Everyone "knew" it came from the US and Isreal but it should have never been leaked. We need deniability and we no longer have it nor for future cyber attacks.

djscribbles

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
Frankly, while people look at this like a terrible thing, it's goal to prevent a situation where ACTUAL military action is called for is quite noble.

Even still, it's not difficult to picture someone taking advantage of how ready people are to assume US and Israeli involvement in the development of these viruses.
A lot of people have a lot to gain from fanning the flames...

G

I pretty much put Iran and North Korea in the same point. They are both deluded, oppressive, and aggressive countries that really need to be put down. NK likes to launch "test" missles in the direction of Japan. Then there was that "accidental" artillery barrage on an island near Japan that was conducting a Joint-Op training mission.

The president of Iran has already stated publicly that he is going to take out Israel. He also said the world was lying about the Holocaust and it didn't happen. I'm sure he thinks it's all part of the jewish conspiracy.

When/if they get nukes, where are the first ones going to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.