UK Terminating Naughty File Sharers By April '10

Status
Not open for further replies.

08nwsula

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]Shut up losers, don't be scared that someone might be hot on your asses.[/citation]

I hope you're not trying to get hot on my ass, I don't swing that way.

mavroxur

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
I somehow don't see this working at all. If you use encrypted transports, how can they prove what you're sharing is illegal?
I see tons of ways to beat that system.

G

Wait until it spreads to the USA...
Every freedom we gain is being taken away by those who don't know their limits...
If some dumb fuckers where not earning massive amounts of money from downloading from the internet, the notion of file sharing would probably not even existed in government cycles...

If you really want to watch a movie, it's ok to quickly download that movie and watch it. Noone's killed because of that; but it's another thing with those who have monthly traffic of over 300GB;
Then there's something wrong!

The law does not differ much of abusing internet as it does about abusing speed regulations.
You're in a hurry, and are driving 50 MPH in a place where you can drive only 40? Who gives a shit!
It's another thing to drive 130MPH in a 40MPH zone!
Thanks to those, who're driving 90 and saying (after they had an accident) they where only driving 55, that we have these laws that you can almost lose your drivers license if you drive 25MPH to fast!

I'm not surprised; rather annoyed by those who abuse the system and freedom.
They are the reason that us normal civilians are forced to abide by the rules, and our freedom been taken away

randomizer

Distinguished
[citation][nom]ProDigit80[/nom]Wait until it spreads to the USA...Every freedom we gain is being taken away by those who don't know their limits...[/citation]
Your freedoms are being taken away because they can be. You don't stand up for them. The "abusers" have no more to do with it than you do. Blame the government for removing your freedoms, but blame yourself and the whole population for letting them.

xaira

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
watever happened to the good old days when what you did on the net stayed on the net, what ever happened to privacy laws, what happened to privacy over the years, so what? if i send a confidential document over the net, does my isp see it? can my isp read it? in my country our lawyers would have a field day if they tried this crap!!!

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]08nwsula[/nom]I hope you're not trying to get hot on my ass, I don't swing that way.[/citation]With a stupid comment like that, I wouldn't expect much more.

bogcotton

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
It wont end up happening.

The ISPs are completely against it, why should they be made to pay to cut off their customers?

Also, people will just begin using their neighbours wifi.

He is just trying to look as if he's doing something before he inevitably becomes a shadow.

millerm84

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
Personally I don't think that the ISP, government, or any group (looking at your RIAA) has any right to view where I go, what I see, or what I download, in my home on my internet connection.

My phone records are sealed from the government unless a warrant is issued, they can't tap my phone without a warrant. Personally I think that ISPs should encrypt all data between my modem and the modem of the site I am accessing. And if a warrant is issued then the encryption key and my records handed over. However, no one has the right to look over my shoulder while I use the internet, sorry but to hell with big brother laws and interest groups.

The fact that the RIAA is allowed to trace users in the privacy of our own homes is a slap in the face to the Constitution. A class action law suite for privacy rights violation should be launched by everyone ever sued by that group.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]haunted one[/nom]Blocked from the net? That's like depriving me of food and water.[/citation]
[citation][nom]randomizer[/nom]That's really sad.[/citation]
How long could you last without the net?
I know we all could, but for some of us, the internet has replaced our other forms of socializing, entertainment, education etc. completely.
If it comes down to it, and I have to decide to buy decent food and no net, or eat crappy food but keep my net up, it's a no-brainer to me, I'll just eat cheap shitty food.

And yeah, we'll just use the neighbors Wifi. 7 people were stealing my neighbors net at once, and she didn't even know about it for years...

randomizer

Distinguished
[citation][nom]anamaniac[/nom]How long could you last without the net?I know we all could, but for some of us, the internet has replaced our other forms of socializing, entertainment, education etc. completely.[/citation]
It has for me as well, but I wouldn't compare it to food and water. The Internet is a bonus, not a staple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS