UK to Overtake Japan as #2 Games Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
I hope this means all the Europeans will get more expedient release dates. I find it annoying that we Americans get everything first, while out European brethren get treated like second class gamers.

timaahhh

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2007
When you say "Japan's market has stumbled 15 percent" do you mean the market only grew 15% or the market was 15% lower then last year?

tim851

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]I hope this means all the Europeans will get more expedient release dates. I find it annoying that we Americans get everything first, while out European brethren get treated like second class gamers.[/citation]

Thanks for your consideration!

A slight advantage of asymmetrical releases is that Europe can fall back on the US' hands on experiences and maybe avoid overhyped lemons. Not, that it would really work in general, because usually people still want to be disappointed in person.

Also, with PC games, the obvious advantage of a belated release is that Patch #1 is oftentimes already available at launch. In this case, the US could be seen as beta testers. :)

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]jhansonxi[/nom]Which country is the #1 in pirated games?[/citation]
China.

Software piracy runs rampant in countries where computers are becoming (but are not quite yet) commonplace. By percentage, Latin America has much higher rates of piracy, but China has more people.

Status
Not open for further replies.