UN50MU6300 TV will not find Bluetooth devices

G

Recently bought UN50MU6300 TV, and while I was disappointed that Samsung have stopped their soundshare functionality, I thought BT would do the job so I could continue to use my HW-F750 sound bar. However, the TV will not find any Bluetooth devices. Is there anyway to reset or repair the Bluetooth speaker connect functionality on the TV?
Note, I’ve tested all the devices on other systems and they work fine, but the TV will find no devices.

Solution
There is a "secret" menu that can be accessed on Samsung Smart TV's which allows access to a Bluetooth setting ... I.e., allows Bluetooth capability to be turned on.

To access the secret menu it is usually a case of having the TV powered off and then pressing the following TV remote control keys one after the other in quick succession:

Info button -> Menu button -> Mute button -> Power button

The "secret" menu should now appear on your TV.

You can operate this menu by using the Up and Down arrow keys on the TV remote for selection as well as the Enter key for confirming the action - be careful as if you change anything that shouldn't be changed you can flip the picture and all sorts of stuff.

Basically, you will be wanting to find...

Cloudy1

Honorable
Jan 21, 2016
There is a "secret" menu that can be accessed on Samsung Smart TV's which allows access to a Bluetooth setting ... I.e., allows Bluetooth capability to be turned on.

To access the secret menu it is usually a case of having the TV powered off and then pressing the following TV remote control keys one after the other in quick succession:

Info button -> Menu button -> Mute button -> Power button

The "secret" menu should now appear on your TV.

You can operate this menu by using the Up and Down arrow keys on the TV remote for selection as well as the Enter key for confirming the action - be careful as if you change anything that shouldn't be changed you can flip the picture and all sorts of stuff.

Basically, you will be wanting to find the Bluetooth option and make sure that it is on.

There are several YouTube videos explaining how to access the "hidden" menu if you go to YouTube and type in the search something along the lines of "enable bluetooth via samsung smart tv hidden menu" and searches similar to this.

The menu will be different under differing Samsung TV models but I'm sure you'll figure it out - AGAIN ... BE CAREFUL AS YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE MESSING SOMETHING UP BAD ... THIS IS A SERVICE MENU FOR SAMSUNG TECHNICIANS BUT EASILY ACCESSIBLE BY US PLEBS :)

Hope this helps you get the result you are after - all the best.

Solution