Unable to activate comcast edition of Norton

Status
Not open for further replies.

shafe88

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
I haven't booted windows on my laptop in almost three months since it's not used. After windows booted, was having problems with Norton and activation stuck connecting to server. So I removed Norton with the Norton removal tool reboot and reinstalled Norton and now I'm getting the message "Unable to Activate, you have reached the acceptable use device limit for your subscription (14337) choose one of the following options: Upgrade your Subscription, Transfer a license from another device." I currently have Norton installed on 4 computers(one computer twice since it's running Vista and Windows 8).

Solution
Got the problem solved, when I clicked activate, Firefox popped up with a Norton activation page asking me to enter my Norton pin, got the pin from one of my other computers and entered it and a page popped up with all the devices I installed Norton, deactivated a device than Norton...

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
That's not good. Sounds like if you contact Norton they'll tell you to contact Comcast, and knowing Comcast, they'll tell you to contact Norton. Those are promotional licenses and if you exceed your limit, no matter the reason, you are on your own.

Comcast got your money and you are not a direct paying Norton subscriber. You can try and plead your case with Norton and explain you had to delete the product due to an issue on a laptop. Good luck.

shafe88

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
Got the problem solved, when I clicked activate, Firefox popped up with a Norton activation page asking me to enter my Norton pin, got the pin from one of my other computers and entered it and a page popped up with all the devices I installed Norton, deactivated a device than Norton activated. Apparently all the times I reinstalled windows, and reinstalled Norton, Norton considered the fresh reinstall of windows as a new/different machine.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.