Unable to connect Kodi To surround sound ?????

kopnut

Commendable
Dec 24, 2016
Hi there to all and a Merry Christmas, Hope someone out there can help me, I have searched the threads and tried to utilise some of the suggestions that have arisen from the common problem (apparently) that I can't get sound from my kodi box to my surround sound/ home theatre setup. Will play through telly Panasonic (G20) Vieira but won't play through Panasonic blu ray player/surround sound. Some direction down the correct path would be gratefully received..... Thanks in advance.

1. Do you have the audio going from the TV to the HTS? This could be via ARC (if both the TV and HTS support it) or optical audio output. You MAY have to turn it on, turn the TV speaker off, and change the audio output type in the TV menu.
2. If the TV won't output from the Kodi box but does output from the internal tuner or other inputs then you will need to get the audio directly from the box. If it has audio out then use it. If not then you can get an HDMI input selector with audio extraction. This will provide a digital and analog output that you can connect to the HTS.

kopnut

Commendable
Dec 24, 2016

kopnut

Commendable
Dec 24, 2016
Thanks so much for answering so quickly, my TV and bd player/surround sound system are connected via an 'arc'cable and working great.... until I plug kodi into a hdmi socket on TV, then TV only gives sound !!! .
Tried changing the kodi sound settings to hdmi pass through. ... no sound at all. Tried spdf pass through via red audio cable to aux..... nothing, even changed to pcm as TV and system is set at this..... only sound from TV. .... baffling !!!!!, I hope my archaic description helps