Unable to do an HDD Recovery on Toshiba Satellite L850D Laptop

Laura_62

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
Hi! I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to do an HDD Recovery on my Toshiba Satellite L850D Laptop. When I attempt to power up my Laptop I get the normal Toshiba screen for a few minutes. Then I get a blue screen that says "Your PC has encountered a problem and needs to reboot". After it reboots I get the Toshiba Screen that reads "Preparing Automatic Repair." After that screen it just goes to a blank screen and then nothing happens. I attempted to an HDD Recovery so that I could just do a Factory Reset on the computer. However, when choosing to do the HDD Recovery I get the warning message making sure that is something I want to do. When I click "YES" I get the Toshiba screen again but then after that I get a blank screen. I am not taken to the Blue Screen with the Troubleshooting options. I have tried doing the HDD Recovery by using F12 and by pressing 0 and either one of them produces the result that I need.

I am not tech savvy by any means but need this laptop for school related work. I am unsure of what to try next to get it to boot up. It appears to be stuck in what I would call a "Boot Loop." IT was running fine yesterday and then it did a Windows Update and then I could not get it to power up windows anymore.

Laura_62

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017

I have already attempted the steps as listed in the link you included. After I say "yes" to wanting to the HDD recovery I go to the Toshiba logo screen and then a blank screen. Nothing else comes up

Laura_62

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017

Nothing happens when attempting to reboot while holding shift+F8 or just shift or just F8. I am still unable to access the Advance Options screen.

Laura_62

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017

No I did not. Like I said, I am not tech savvy and was not aware that I should do that. I am currently using my iPhone to post but do have an older laptop that I can use but it shuts down randomly due to the battery not recognizing the power supply

Laura_62

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017

No I do not. My other laptop is a Dell

ffg7

Distinguished
I'm calling it the night as 10:55pm est where I live & have to get up early in the morning to go do my banking. we'll continue tomorrow unless somebody else finds you the solution. night.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
shortgiraffe Laptop Tech Support 0
O Laptop Tech Support 0
C Laptop Tech Support 7
A Laptop Tech Support 3
V Laptop Tech Support 1
LifeIsAFairyTail93 Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 0
rahulkumarbudhwani Laptop Tech Support 1
Y Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 5