Unable to do an HDD Recovery on Toshiba Satellite L850D Laptop

Laura_62

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
Hi! I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to do an HDD Recovery on my Toshiba Satellite L850D Laptop. When I attempt to power up my Laptop I get the normal Toshiba screen for a few minutes. Then I get a blue screen that says "Your PC has encountered a problem and needs to reboot". After it reboots I get the Toshiba Screen that reads "Preparing Automatic Repair." After that screen it just goes to a blank screen and then nothing happens. I attempted to an HDD Recovery so that I could just do a Factory Reset on the computer. However, when choosing to do the HDD Recovery I get the warning message making sure that is something I want to do. When I click "YES" I get the Toshiba screen again but then after that I get a blank screen. I am not taken to the Blue Screen with the Troubleshooting options. I have tried doing the HDD Recovery by using F12 and by pressing 0 and either one of them produces the result that I need.

I am not tech savvy by any means but need this laptop for school related work. I am unsure of what to try next to get it to boot up. It appears to be stuck in what I would call a "Boot Loop." IT was running fine yesterday and then it did a Windows Update and then I could not get it to power up windows anymore.

Laura_62

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017

I have already attempted the steps as listed in the link you included. After I say "yes" to wanting to the HDD recovery I go to the Toshiba logo screen and then a blank screen. Nothing else comes up

Laura_62

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017

Nothing happens when attempting to reboot while holding shift+F8 or just shift or just F8. I am still unable to access the Advance Options screen.

Laura_62

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017

No I did not. Like I said, I am not tech savvy and was not aware that I should do that. I am currently using my iPhone to post but do have an older laptop that I can use but it shuts down randomly due to the battery not recognizing the power supply