Unable to get 5.1 surround pc

anilsathyan7

Prominent
Aug 23, 2017
I have configured my speakers to 5.1 surround in realtek hd control panel and the sound test shows all surround speakers working properly(green bars popping up in test) but the audio is coming out only from front speakers.I have enabled speaker fill and updated drivers.Connections to pc were made using RCA-3.5mm cables.

anilsathyan7

Prominent
Aug 23, 2017

But it should work in windows 5.1 sound test at-least.The sound should be played as the signal animation is being animated from each speakers(i believe) one by one.I still don't get it....

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from anilsathyan7 : "Unable to get 5.1 surround on my Desktop"

dudio

Admirable
You will need two 3.5mm male stereo to 2 male RCA's to do the front left/right speakers, and rear left/right speakers. Connect one set to the Green audio output of your PC to the FL and FR DVD In on the sub. Connect the other set from the Black audio output of the PC to the SR and SL input of the sub.
( Use THESE adapters ).
Then you need a single 3.5mm male mono to single male RCA for the subwoofer. Connect it from the Orange audio output of the PC to the SW input on the subwoofer. ( use THIS adapter ).

anilsathyan7

Prominent
Aug 23, 2017

Still C.E port will be left unused.. right?(just right side of S.W) ..What to do?Am i missing something?

dudio

Admirable
Sorry, i gave you advice for4.1 hookup. The center/sub output from the PC should be mono so get a 3.5mm mono male to two male RCA's and connect that to the SW and CE inputs on the sub. If it doesnt work you could try 3.5 stereo to 2 male RCA's.
The only other concern i have is you mention Realtek and Creative Sound Blaster. Realtek is drivers for motherboard onboard sound and Creative is a seperate dedicated soundcard. Make sure you have latest drivers and connect to the one you want to use.

anilsathyan7

Prominent
Aug 23, 2017

I couldn.t find a 3.5mm mono male to two male RCA's anywhere...Is that really needed?Because usually we connect dual RCA cables directly to a DVD player(say) .Besides from the videos below (quoted earlier) the setup should be working..I have tried both onboard and dedicated soundcards..still no luck!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0SQjegTO04
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_VE8IG3dJU

There should be a direct way..i hope.Anyway rear speakers won't still work in the suggested method(as per my intuition)
I'am able to get audio (normal stereo) from the inbuilt speakers of my monitor which is connected using hdmi to graphics card(if i select it as default device).(Any problem with that?)
Look's like it's pretty messy..
Thanks for responding anyway..