Unable to get files from BROKEN Software on laptop

terminator123

Estimable
Sep 16, 2014
Hey

I have a bit of a problem.
On my laptop that uses Windows Vista ofc, I have some software called ArcSoft TotalMedia which I installed when I got my Hitachi Camera.
However, I want to retrieve files from the software but it is broken due to some Microsoft Framework error. I have tried googling the issue and tried uninstalling all microsoft frameworks and microsoft redistributable packs and reinstalling them it but the software still receives this error. Also the software itself is outdated and was rarely used (apart from people who bought the camera) there is no help online, and no way of me fixing the software.

What worries me is I can't reset my laptop or uninstall the software because I will lose all my videos and images on it. I have tried everything and was wondering if you guys have any ideas on what I could do?

I've tried burning the images to a disc and using the options available in order to get the files out (even trying to find the file location and finding the video files that way, but I cannot see them anyway) but the software keeps on freezing so I don't know what to do.

I would appreciate if someone could help as I have childhood and family images on this laptop

also

it also says windowed cannot find the import folder when i try to search for it and even in CMD.

somethings telling me that it no longer exists.. so what on earth can i do now

Much appreciated

terminator123

terminator123

Estimable
Sep 16, 2014

ok but i dont think they no longer exist even though they show in the software
but the software does not work..
and the files are not visible even inside the folders even with (hidden files ticked)
but ill try it

terminator123

Estimable
Sep 16, 2014
Update:

True,

but I actually just saw the images and videos.. tried opening up a video.. an error popped up.. I try restarting the program and the images and videos have now just disappeared from picassa