Question Unable to get my LG 77CX to play audio through my Onkyo TX-NR646

Jan 12, 2021
Hello - as the title states I am unable to get my 77CX to work on my Onkyo. I plug the receiver with the terminal OUT MAIN (ARC) to the HDMI 1 on the tv. I select "TV" mode on the receiver and no audio is coming out of it. I recently updated from a Samsung to this which I had no issues with the Samsung. The other devices work fine apple tv, etc when I switch to their channels but just when trying to say use youtube through the TV the sound comes out. I have set the audio on the TV to HDMI ARC andn o luck.

Any recommendation would be appreciated on how to fix this issue.

Jan 12, 2021
Both firmwares are updated. On the onkyo I have checked the CEC and it is on; "HDM CEC (RIHD) - On). In the "Audio Select" menu I have it turned to ARC, below it greyed out(unable to edit) it says "PCM Fixed Mode - off". Under "Digital Audio Input" it is set to COAXIAL, I have tried switching it to each one nothing woks.

Correct me if I am wrong, SIMPLINK is the same as magic remote? I used that function and selected home theatre. I have tried both Optical and Audio Out/Headphones, neither work.

TV Digital audio output is set to PCM.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 2
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 13
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 3
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
P Streaming Video & TVs 1