Question Unable to get my LG 77CX to play audio through my Onkyo TX-NR646

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 12, 2021
Hello - as the title states I am unable to get my 77CX to work on my Onkyo. I plug the receiver with the terminal OUT MAIN (ARC) to the HDMI 1 on the tv. I select "TV" mode on the receiver and no audio is coming out of it. I recently updated from a Samsung to this which I had no issues with the Samsung. The other devices work fine apple tv, etc when I switch to their channels but just when trying to say use youtube through the TV the sound comes out. I have set the audio on the TV to HDMI ARC andn o luck.

Any recommendation would be appreciated on how to fix this issue.

Jan 12, 2021
Both firmwares are updated. On the onkyo I have checked the CEC and it is on; "HDM CEC (RIHD) - On). In the "Audio Select" menu I have it turned to ARC, below it greyed out(unable to edit) it says "PCM Fixed Mode - off". Under "Digital Audio Input" it is set to COAXIAL, I have tried switching it to each one nothing woks.

Correct me if I am wrong, SIMPLINK is the same as magic remote? I used that function and selected home theatre. I have tried both Optical and Audio Out/Headphones, neither work.

TV Digital audio output is set to PCM.

Mar 1, 2021
Hello - as the title states I am unable to get my 77CX to work on my Onkyo. I plug the receiver with the terminal OUT MAIN (ARC) to the HDMI 1 on the tv. I select "TV" mode on the receiver and no audio is coming out of it. I recently updated from a Samsung to this which I had no issues with the Samsung. The other devices work fine apple tv, etc when I switch to their channels but just when trying to say use youtube through the TV the sound comes out. I have set the audio on the TV to HDMI ARC andn o luck.

Any recommendation would be appreciated on how to fix this issue.

howdy mate, for the life of me I cant get any sound at all on my system.(same setup tx-nr646 and cx77. . What was the end setting you used for everything in the receiver and all the cx 77 settings.

TV
HDMI 2 - (bitstream or PCM) (for some reason this setting is greyed out most of the time. sometimes I can get into it and change it. nfi whats going on there.
TV´s digital audio output to PCM ( tried both nothing).
sound - ARC with eARC off ?
simlink on.

did you set this up via the wizard ? power switches on off easy enough via wizard though sound nothing. (should expect this though nothing on it). (I have nothing on the receive so its basically a soundbar. PS5 to TV, hdmi down to receiver to do sound. (have media room full of other stuff with projector).

receiver.
output tv - main.
HDM CEC (RIHD) - On

I get the picture from the receiver settings via the tv, power on off works so arc's working. though no friggen sound at all. shitting me no end lol.
I did end up getting optical to works 5.1 though its lower quality , trying to at least get hdmi sound working until I upgraded to eARC / hdmi 2.1 receiver.

Batesy

Mar 1, 2021
I did replace the cable all works (lost hrs here lol). . Just as well I bought 2 good ones for tv to ps5 :). quick question , Though only 2.1 ch. is that all I'm going to get or should I able able to get 5.1 DD+ down PCM ? right on the edge of just getting a new x2700h receiver. :). for HDMI 2.1 and eARC.

EDIT - fixed. I didnt change some config changes I had done since I put in a new hdmi cable that gave me sound.

Last edited:
Reactions: helpstar
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS